Master student to start in Jan 2013-- Dr. Xia group
One master student position is available to start in Jan 2013. We are looking for students who have previous experience of or exposure to semiconductor materials/devices.
Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the research, students with bachelor or master degree from Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Applied Physics, Physics, or other-related fields are all welcome.
1. GPA ranking above 10 out of 30 (for Chinese schools), with major GPA > 85/100.
2. Course work required on semiconductor materials and devices
3. Semiconductor fabrication experience is a plus.
4. Experience with semiconductor process or device modeling and simulation is a plus.
5. A solid background in physics or math is a plus.
6. No GRE is required.
1) Interested students can send their resumes and scanned transcripts to Dr. Xia;
2) After review, candidates will be interviewed by phone;
3) Qualified student need to take a TOEFL to meet UBC requirements, if they haven’t done so;
4) Student with oral offer need to submit official application to the department of Materials Engineering, indicating that Dr. Xia is the faculty member of interest.
5) Official offer will be issued by the department. Admitted student will be fully financially supported with a research fellowship.
The successful applicant is expected to join UBC in Jan 2013.
Please send your inquiry to:
Dr. Guangrui Xia